Main > The Armoury

Globose w/ Fauld

<< < (11/11)

Henrik Granlid:
If I can't get my local favourite, I'm currently looking at St George Armoury (http://www.stgeorgearmoury.co.uk/) and a Swedish Armourer I've had recommended to me as well as at least looking to get a quote from Albert Collins, but I doubt I'll be able to afford that.

There are, of course, other amazing artists such as Radoslaus (https://www.facebook.com/pages/wwwRADOSLAUSpl/182128588494685) whom I have also asked for a quote.

It will be interesting to see what answers I get from the different armourers, which one fits my vision more and if I'll go for one now or if I'll wait for Martin Merkel to complete a few orders.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-09-15, 21:44:35 ---Thank you very much!  If I can be of any assistance please just ask.  What armorers are you looking at?  I just recently placed an order in Poland for a new piece.

--- End quote ---

Don't tease us. What piece??

Henrik Granlid:
Well, a few from different walks of armouring life.
Some Swedish ones, however, they're either backed up or have stopped taking orders (one has only sorta stopped but is thinking about it so I'll keep his name out of it for now.)
St George Armoury, he'll see about a spring steel price (would need a welded construction since he can't get a piece big enough in the Uk without massive costs). Otherwise I'm thinking 18 gauge stainless would do fine for the intents and purposes.

Now... these are all good (or good enough with a low price point).

But there's one more guy I emailed.
And he replied.
And I can get to him for fittings.
He's given me a very rough ballpark estimate and yes, it's not impossible (at a conflict with my wanted guantlets since it's about the same price point).

I'm waiting for a second reply from him.

But it seems I am at least a baby step closer to owning an Albert Collins breastplate.
www.viaarmorari.com

Ian:
Via Armorari's stuff is absolutely phenomenal.  I use to just go through their photo gallery over and over just drooling...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version