Main > The Armoury

Globose w/ Fauld

(1/11) > >>

Ian:
Back in May I ordered a replacement to my Historic Enterprises breastplate.  The HE one is made to order, but sized off the rack so it's not quite a custom fit and it was always too big for me.  It was too wide across and too tall, so the weight of it sat on my iliac crest, which is quite painful after a while.  Anways, I always wanted a globose with a fauld since they were starting to appear in the 2nd half of the 14th century and give you that nice tight waisted silhouette so prevalent in the effigies of the time period. 

Jeff Wasson created this beauty for me and promised delivery prior to DoK, and it just came in this morning.  1050 Hardened and tempered spring steel, criss-crossing shoulder straps in the back and a waist strap.  Fits great, looks great, moves great, couldn't be any happier with it.  Can't wait to kit up with it for DoK!.

Thorsteinn:
That is damn spiffy!   :D

Sir Brian:
Sweeeet!

I'll be sure to bring some extra oily rags to clean up any drooling I may get on it at DoK! :)

So...what are you doing with your old plate?  ???

Ian:
I'm going to sell the HE breastplate.  Interested? :)  It's their standard large, measurements are here.  It's painted on the inside, and the paint is a little scuffed around the edges  from wearing it.  I did trim the waist strap a bit, but that's all I've done.

Sir Brian:
Yes I'm interested alas I'm too big for it!   :(

*sigh* I guess I'll have to make that CoP after all.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version