Main > The Armoury

Albion Reeve

(1/4) > >>

Sir Ulrich:

Well on My Armoury, I found someone selling a practically brand new Albion Reeve, with a red handle. Needless to say I had to pick it up, this is the design I wanted for quite a while. Honestly it handles a lot better than my Tinker Norman, no pommel digging into wrist problem here only issue I really have with it is the handle is a bit rough and irritates my skin on my hand as Albion's grips seem to be more rough than the usual stuff I am used to. It's not nearly as sharp as I imagined it, I can still run it across my skin and it wont cut me and it cant cut paper. Maybe if I forced it a bit it could. I like the handling though, it feels so light and after handling and practicing with that mace of mine this feels like nothing in my hand practically. Need a scabbard for it though, looking for someone to help me with that because I cant shell out 800 bucks plus wait a year for a new one and quite frankly I ain't looking for anything ornate, just want something simple perhaps with just an ornate buckle, already have the one I want in mind. This makes hanwei swords seem really crappy honestly, well at least the tinker norman mostly due to the fact the pommel is rather nice on the Reeve and the Tinker one has issues with its shape.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Nice find.
G.

Ian:
I'd love to see the cutting power of that massive type X blade. 

Sir Ulrich:
Probably could given I have proper targets, it's not paper cutting sharp however. It handles really nicely though, and is a perfect size for me, not too long not too short. To me the 40 inch swords seem a bit... too long. Though this ones clearly built for fighting on foot. It actually thrusts quite well through plastic bottles, probably better than the Ritter would, which was my other one I wanted but I passed up buying that one earlier this year and kinda regret that, but at least I got this one.

Sir James A:
You can never really appreciate the difference in feel and handling with things like that until you hold one and compare it to the other tiers of swords. Congrats on the Reeve!

Crusader Monk for the scabbard. He'd probably use your buckle, too. And he's neither a year wait nor near $800.

Paper slicing isn't so good. That means a thin edge. Thin edges are easily damaged on impacts. Impacts like cutting things. It should have a pretty decent edge. Try to cut with it before sharpening it; it may not even need it. Also, fight the temptation to run your finger up and down the blade. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version