Main > The Armoury

Is this a good selection/deal

<< < (2/8) > >>

Timothy:
Thanks

Ok for use stainless steel is out. What should I be looking for in the $200-$400 range?

Tim

Sir Ulrich:
Theres a lot of swords on Kult of Athena that are battle ready. Hanwei makes good starter swords, some of Deepeeka's newer stuff i've never seen but it looks better from the pics I have seen. Albion or Arms and Armor are the best you can get but they're pricey. Del Tin are also rather good and historically accurate but not as much as Albion of Arms and Armor. Windlass is a hit or miss, but most of their stuff is not as good as the rest, I prefer Hanwei to Windlass personally but a few of their things are rather good like their type XIV sword which can be a project sword to make well but thats a bit late for your time period.
Heres a link to KOA's stuff http://www.kultofathena.com/swords.asp

Timothy:
Sir Ulrich, Thank you.

I will take a look. 

So how about this one I was looking at this yesterday
it is by Legacy Arms.

Knights Templar Sword for $279.00

Specifications:

Blade length: 34.5"
Handle/Hilt length: 8.5"
Overall: 43"
Balance Point: 5.0" Below Hilt
Weight: 3 lbs. 1.4 oz.

Note: The blade is 3/16" 5160 high carbon steel with a full hefty tang. We tested it on several! 2"x4" standing up and split them! with no marring on the blade! . We the n tested it on a 2"x4" cross ways resting on each side on a solid rest and came straight down. It did not cut all the way through but it did cut deep and again did not mar the blade or edge. We then went to the ultimate test Steel-to-SteelSM. We did 9 good blows, it nicked the blade but did not break the blade not break the tang or handle in either of these test.

Sir Ulrich:
Those ones are rather much heavy crow bars that handle nothing like a real sword would. Sure they're tough but what exactly kind of sword are you looking for? Like what period, my vibe is crusades if so I could help you good there as thats an era I reenacted in.

Timothy:
Hello Sir Ulrich,

Yes Crusades but I am flexible. I am more interested  in learning right now more than portraying anybody.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version