Timothy:
Hi am looking at a number of items and found this on ebay for $69.00

The Knights Templar Dagger and Leather Sheath. Medieval Collector / Knife

is this a good piece/price?

Thanks

Tim

Timothy:
And
This one for $105.00Knight Of Templar Sword Blade length: 33 1/2" Overall length: 41" Handle length: 9" Brass.

Handle comes with sheath.

440 Stainless steel blade.

Thanks

Tim

Timothy:
 or this one for $170.00 Knight Of Templar Sword Blade length: 33 1/2" Overall length: 41" Handle length: 9" Brass.

Handle comes with sheath.

440 Stainless steel blade.

Thanks

Tim

Ian:
What would be your intended use?  Stainless steel swords are designed as nothing more than 'wall hangers.'  Basically, they're just display only objects.  Stainless steel is brittle in long sword blade lengths, and would be very dangerous to use.  Swords like that also generally have what are called 'rat-tail tangs.'  A thin dowel of steel is quickly welded on to the shoulders of the blade to fix a grip to, so if you hit anything with it or even just swing it hard, the tang will separate and you'll have a whirling flying stainless steel blade-o-death helicoptering it's way across the yard.

So, as long as you intend to just use these for display only, then they'd be perfectly fine.

If you're interested in something more historical or something you could us for cutting, or just to say 'this is the real deal,' many of us here are pretty big historical sword geeks and there's a lot of knowledge between us.  We could advise you if you let us know what appeals to you.  Real swords are constructed very differently than stainless steel display pieces. 

Sir Ulrich:
I'd suggest save your money and get something better. I have the same sword and it handles like crap and I regret purchasing it. You can get a hanwei tinker for about the same price of 170 and it's much better, or you could get the practical norman which is also period for the early crusade, not as good as an albion but an excellent starter sword for a kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version