Main > The Armoury

Teutonic great helm...now with wings?

<< < (11/24) > >>

Ian:
Doug, there are plenty of people at DoK who do portrayals that don't include any armor at all. Hard kit is not a requirement. While you're right that aluminum maille is a no-no, you could still very well display everything else and be just fine.

Sir James A:
As Sir Ian said, armor isn't a requirement. The first one (last year), I'd say about 2/3 or 3/4 of the people there were not in armor, and half were not even portraying knights. It's called "Days of Knights" but the actual theme is more of "medieval people's lives" - which isn't nearly as catchy a phrase.

Sir Douglas:
Okay, good. :) I've never done anything like that before and wasn't really sure.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-11-04, 15:38:22 ---Okay, good. :) I've never done anything like that before and wasn't really sure.

--- End quote ---

The good news also is that while they encourage everyone to be as accurate as possible, I didn't really see anyone give anyone else a hard time for their "cheats".

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-11-04, 18:37:12 ---
--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-11-04, 15:38:22 ---Okay, good. :) I've never done anything like that before and wasn't really sure.

--- End quote ---

The good news also is that while they encourage everyone to be as accurate as possible, I didn't really see anyone give anyone else a hard time for their "cheats".

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I try to be as accurate as possible, but as I've only really been seriously into the accuracy aspect for a little over a year, I'm constantly learning new things and my kit is always changing. I know some of those guys down there have been doing this stuff for years and are so accurate they look like they just walked out of a time portal.

I think if I manage to go, a soft kit for my first visit would be fine. At least I'll be able to see how the event all works while still being able to participate. I like participating. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version