Main > The Armoury

Teutonic great helm...now with wings?

<< < (3/24) > >>

Sir Douglas:
Thank you, Sir Nathan! Very helpful indeed. What would they have been made out of historically? Leather/wood/etc. like other crests? Something lightweight I would assume.

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-08-24, 09:12:41 ---to me, it's one of those amazing instances where the historical context actually is there for something most people think is made up. ;)

--- End quote ---
Ha! Yeah, isn't it funny how that works? There's so much nonsense out there that sometimes it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't. I find that often times fact is wilder than fiction.

Man, how I would love to see the Black Prince's gear up close and in person. Such a wealth of information there. Maybe one day....

I really want to make a crested Teutonic helm, now. :P

SirNathanQ:
You hit the nail on the head, leather and wood are exactly what you (and history) would use.

B. Patricius:
First off,

Douglas, that's a beautiful kit you're sporting.  Really nice.

Second,

Sir Ulrich!  :o 8)Man bud, you always find a way to spend my money lol where does one find the purchasing icon on that website?
--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-08-24, 22:32:49 ---They did historically exist, I also know where you could buy them but they're located in Europe:
http://www.armorymarek.com/helmets-12th--13th-century

--- End quote ---

Sir James A:
Pavel is in the Czech Republic. If I remember right he only does money orders. But if you send him an email, he will send you a current prices spreadsheet. You just cross reference the letter/number on the sheet with the item you want.

SirNathanQ:
Or you could make them, which honestly isn't too hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version