Main > The Armoury

Single hand sword fitting in a big paw?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
Too bad you're not closer to any of us- you could try any number of Albions and Atrims on for size before making a decision.  Of all my swords, I actually prefer my Albion Arn, christened Irae (short for Deus Irae), which is a Type Xa, overall 41", 35" blade, 3.75" grip - short gripped longswords are where its at man, don't let anyone tell you different!  ;)

But I also have small hands so, that makes a difference I'm sure.

B. Patricius:
Sir William,

The Albion Arn is inspiration for my custom single hand sword I want.  I love that sword.  Short gripped longswords are truly where it's at.  8)

it's just a trick to see if I can fit them.  Hopefully, this august at the Las Vegas Ren Faire I'll be able to check out a bunch of different swords and their hilt fittings.  I hear rumor BKS will be there, if so, I'm probably going to purchase my "beater" from them.  Love their weapons for their durability. 

We'll just have to see how my paw handles different fittings I think.  I'm thinking the certain "nut shaped" pommels will help with the cramped grip space.  Luckily, it's my pinkie finger down there, I only need it for controlling the stop on my cuts :D

YIS
B. Patricius

Sir James A:
Albion Knight grip is a hair over 4" long

Sir William:
I'm trying to imagine what sort of cut you'd do that requires your pinky finger to do the stopping- for me at least, its usually the palm and the first two fingers that stops the forward/downward motion.

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-07-16, 15:51:44 ---I'm trying to imagine what sort of cut you'd do that requires your pinky finger to do the stopping- for me at least, its usually the palm and the first two fingers that stops the forward/downward motion.

--- End quote ---

well, we do "chokes" A LOT in my group.  Basically we stop the rebated blades so the strike isn't full swing when it makes contact with our opponents.  Hence the pinky ;)  now, whenever I do normal cutting drills with a live edge, no, I don't use my pinky at all.  But it is something to consider for my custom crusader sword I'm having made for rebated combat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version