Main > The Armoury

any projects going on in the order?

<< < (8/14) > >>

Sir Wolf:
added a pair of arming points for my chausis on my padded jacket. now i gotta see if my mail will go over my jacket. if not i guess i'll just wear my pourpoint under it.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-04-25, 16:31:11 ---added a pair of arming points for my chausis on my padded jacket. now i gotta see if my mail will go over my jacket. if not i guess i'll just wear my pourpoint under it.

--- End quote ---

Put the points on the inside not the outside

Sir Wolf:
huh i am not following lol. the way i've always done it is put both point ends from the inside of the jacket to the outside, then thru the armour. being that this is mail i will have a piece of leather on top of the mail to take some of the load off when i tie.

Ian:
For a padded jacket, where the hem is about mid-thigh length, if you point your legs to the inside of the jacket, you will have better range of motion.  If you point to the outside front of the jacket, the jacket itself will interfere with range of motion and fit of the chausses.  From the outside, it will also cause your chausses to pin the jacket to the front of your legs, which you want to avoid.  The jacket should hang over the front of the chausses instead.  Or just use a seprate vest but we know that's not really historical.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-04-25, 20:33:39 ---huh i am not following lol. the way i've always done it is put both point ends from the inside of the jacket to the outside, then thru the armour. being that this is mail i will have a piece of leather on top of the mail to take some of the load off when i tie.

--- End quote ---

Do the opposite. Points on the inside. Like if you flipped it inside-out. Then the chausses don't sit over the coat, they sit under it. Tried it with my arming coat & cuisses, I like it. Also keeps the mail from banging the cuisses, since the jacket is in-between. Can take pics if you need them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version