Main > The Courtyard

Battle of the Nations (BOTN) Poland - Final Eliminations video

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Vander Linde on 2013-04-07, 19:04:16 ---Picture of helm from the French team.

--- End quote ---

:o

If that helmet wasn't there ... I'd wager the skull doesn't take impacts like that too well!

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-04-07, 03:19:00 ---
--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2013-04-07, 01:21:33 ---That video is just ridiculous. I would love to get a nice fighting kit together and try BOTN sometime.
To people who doubt armour's effectiveness, I just send them BOTN videos. Without those harnesses, those folks would all be dead.

--- End quote ---

Exaggeration. They would just be more bruised than their egos. :)

--- End quote ---

Without armor, some of them'd be dead- most likely from blunt force trauma and massive injuries to the head, limbs and torso.  Some of the shots those guys land would be lethal w/out their harnesses.

Thorsteinn:
Remember the report that came out last year from the Team USA guy after the event wherein he mentioned the ambulance runs, broken shoulders, severed fingers, torn muscles, and blood?

Sir William:
Yes, but not a single casualty; the armor works.

SirNathanQ:
They aren't pulling their blows, blunt or not, you simply can't take a full on polaxe blow to the head and be able to tell people about it afterwards.
They suffer injuries yeah, I'll grant you that, but they survive, and can fight another day. That in itself with the blows they are taking is a testimony to how awesome armour is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version