Main > The Armoury

Scale Armor

<< < (9/9)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-03-04, 17:08:10 ---It is already sold, Sir James.  However, since Ulrich is interested in historicity, he would not have wanted that particular corrazina anyway- it followed the Bashford Dean setup  from the MET(which I'm to understand is not historically accurate, a pattern he himself made up) which is a-historical.

--- End quote ---

Man, that sold quick. At a price tag of $100, not a whole lot to pick from. :)

The "Bashford Dean" one uses vertical fauld plates, instead of horizontal. Some coat of plates (like Wisby) had vertical fauld plates (dag plates), I just haven't seen it on corazinnas in particular, but it's a style I don't know much about or see much of either. Since they're internal plates, it's really hard to tell the difference except by rivet pattern. For $100 and already built, it would be a good interim piece and could probably be resold for minimal loss.

There was a thread floating around on some forum, complete with pictures, of how some museum displays were completely wrong; greaves placed on the wrong leg, arm harness backwards with the fans towards the back instead of front, mail shirts that were on backwards; all sorts of fun little stuff. :)

Sir William:
Tell me about it; as I learn more I can pick them out but I don't know much about that era as of yet...was just going off the comments made on that thread by people I consider more knowledgeable than myself w/regard to that period in time.  You're right tho, at that price and already built can't be beat.

Sir Ulrich:
That sold so quickly I couldnt even pick it up. It prolly would of fit me too..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version