"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: Used "Albion" Knight Sword on ebay.  (Read 27041 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Used "Albion" Knight Sword on ebay.
« Reply #45 on: 2012-12-20, 19:06:23 »
we want pics of it in your collection now

Oh, I sold all my other swords....

I'm surprised no one commented on this.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #46 on: 2012-12-20, 20:20:56 »

lol, when I read that the first time, I just leaned over to my wife and said "yeah, right"  :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 2012-12-20, 21:12:11 »
Yea, I didn't think much of it either, figuring you were joking.  You were, of course, joking, right?  Because that would be insane...unless you were totally revamping your collection by freeing up space (and funds) for new and better weapons.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 2012-12-21, 16:36:52 »

lol, when I read that the first time, I just leaned over to my wife and said "yeah, right"  :)

Yea, I didn't think much of it either, figuring you were joking.  You were, of course, joking, right?  Because that would be insane...unless you were totally revamping your collection by freeing up space (and funds) for new and better weapons.

Oh yes, totally joking of course. I've never sold a single weapon I've bought over the last ~20 years. Only thing selling / sold so far is some old / ebay / indian / not-merctailor armor. :)

Ironically, I'm pretty much out of space on my weapons cabinets. I made it with space to add more weaponry - but apparently - not enough. I had to take out the polearms to make space for the newest swords (hence the polearm rack). I'm not sure what to do about the lack of space yet. The near-future project is a shadow box for my family heirloom masonic sword, possibly a proper display for the in-the-mail samurai harness (a yoroi box w/stand). Then I'll get some updated pics of everything after that's done. Unless the whole Mayan Apocalypse cuts my plans short...

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 2012-12-21, 16:43:49 »
We'll know if we don't wake up tomorrow, eh?  ;)
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #50 on: 2012-12-21, 16:50:54 »
Yeah, I'd be buried alive in swords if I didn't sell a bunch of them over the years. I've probably sold off as many as I still own. Basically, as my tastes have changed (specifically, gotten more expensive), I've sold off the cheaper junkier stuff along the way.

This year is the first time in about 14 years that I've broken the "age rule", in that my sword count is just under my age now. I include the steel trainers in the count, but not other lighter fencing weapons (foils/epees), or trainers made of other materials. I do count the display-only swords (which is also my justification for including blunt trainers). Though of course it doesn't include maces, polearms, etc. My overall weapon count is still well above the "age rule". :)
« Last Edit: 2012-12-21, 16:53:00 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 2012-12-21, 17:30:52 »
My overall weapon count is still well above the "age rule". :)

That's the important part. 8)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 2012-12-21, 18:26:46 »
My tastes have changed as well, and I can partially thank you all for that.  I was perfectly and blithely ignorant in my Windlass happiness...and then you had to go and ruin it for me by allowing me to handle Albions for the love of all that is good!

Come the new year I'll be releasing a lot of my swords and armor bits- and I've never subscribed to the age thing, if only because I couldn't afford the blades I'd want to reach my age.  lol

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #53 on: 2012-12-21, 18:32:00 »
My tastes have changed as well, and I can partially thank you all for that.  I was perfectly and blithely ignorant in my Windlass happiness...and then you had to go and ruin it for me by allowing me to handle Albions for the love of all that is good!

Come the new year I'll be releasing a lot of my swords and armor bits- and I've never subscribed to the age thing, if only because I couldn't afford the blades I'd want to reach my age.  lol

Worry not, Sir William. Revenge is best sought against Sir James through the means of better purchases that make him envy our bargaining abilities. I have some blades in mind for future endeavours that will meet with your approval. :)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 2012-12-21, 18:42:16 »
Well, I'll do my best but the likes of Sirs Edward and James seem to outstrip my hardiest efforts!  I saw that you picked up a blade from a relative unknown; I look forward to a review with some good pics of the sword.  Which reminds me, I have some pics to take because a certain Crecy just arrived yesterday!  Not going to open it til 12/27 as it was a bday gift to myself.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #55 on: 2012-12-21, 19:08:03 »
Revenge is best sought against Sir James through the means of better purchases that make him envy our bargaining abilities.

Lord Dane, while I may sometimes be envious of other's purchases (against all that is knightly...), it's a secondary notion. My first thought is always "congratulations!", and I am happy that a fellow member has received a new piece that they like .. be it weapon or armor; be it Albion, Windlass, eBay or otherwise.

But in the spirit of the forum - "Yes! Do it! Buy more!!! MORE!!!!!!" 8)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #56 on: 2012-12-21, 20:51:39 »

Oh yes, I'll happily encourage everyone to buy more toys. :) But I've been collecting steadily since I was 13, so please don't feel like there's a need to catch up. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #57 on: 2012-12-22, 00:42:41 »
Revenge is best sought against Sir James through the means of better purchases that make him envy our bargaining abilities.

Lord Dane, while I may sometimes be envious of other's purchases (against all that is knightly...), it's a secondary notion. My first thought is always "congratulations!", and I am happy that a fellow member has received a new piece that they like .. be it weapon or armor; be it Albion, Windlass, eBay or otherwise.

But in the spirit of the forum - "Yes! Do it! Buy more!!! MORE!!!!!!" 8)

Competition is healthy & even knightly as most jousters would agree, Sir James. To covet thy weaponry is in no way sinful or unknightly as they are just tools of the trade. What's wrong w/ wanting better toys?? :)  ;D   
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #58 on: 2012-12-27, 16:15:15 »
I get to open my long beauty tonight!  Can't wait- custom scabbard and belts too!!!

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #59 on: 2012-12-28, 18:24:50 »

Oh yes, I'll happily encourage everyone to buy more toys. :) But I've been collecting steadily since I was 13, so please don't feel like there's a need to catch up. :)

thats not what you said in the 90s and early 00's!!!!!!