Main > The Armoury

Scabbards

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sir Brian:
Well there ARE alternatives if you don't have to have a Christian Fletcher scabbard! ;)

Thorsteinn:
How odd that he never contacted you back to tell you to pay to get on the list.

I think you've made the right move.

Sir Ulrich:
There are other scabbard makers, Jesse Bailey is making mine and his looked nice in person for around 265 dollars. Ron Johnson also makes scabbards and offered to modify mine for my practical Norman which I may do after I get my Albion.

Sir Edward:

Well, he replied and very graciously offered to return to the original agreed price. So it's a go!

Ian:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-10-24, 21:15:53 ---I think that's a fair request by you. It's always struck me as odd that somebody would need to put a deposit just to get on a list, rather than when their turn is ready (and they need the deposit for materials, etc). Seems like the "proper" way I'd do business is, you want on the list, you get on the list free. When your turn comes up, you get contacted, if you don't respond or you don't have the deposit ... next on the list. Paying to wait on a list isn't very fun, and if I knew I paid a deposit on something that was nowhere near being started, I'd be constantly thinking "don't shut down and run with my money". :(

--- End quote ---

In this particular case I wouldn't expect CF to run off with someone's money, he's well known and established.  I think deposits are fair when you're dealing with someone with that level of reputation (CF, DBK, Hedgecock, Wasson etc..)  When it comes to the typical SCA armorer who kind of hammers metal to resemble something medieval, then yes, fear for your money!!

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-10-24, 22:47:39 ---
Well, he replied and very graciously offered to return to the original agreed price. So it's a go!

--- End quote ---

Awesome!  I figured he would.  When I did business with him he was always very prompt with replies and very willing to help out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version