Main > The Courtyard

WMAW 2013

(1/16) > >>

Sir Edward:

Hey all, I just thought I'd start a thread super-early for the next WMAW. If you go to only one WMA/HEMA event, this should be the one. Nowhere else will you get instructors from all over the world, and see booths for Albion, A&A, DSA, and Revival Clothing all in one tent.

The problem is that registration fills up fast these days.... as in, only a few days. Registration usually opens sometime in the late spring.

The event is held at the DeKoven Center in Racine, WI (about an hour north of Chicago). It is held every other year, on the odd-numbered years.

http://wmaw.us/  (currently still redirecting to 2011's page)

Of course it helps to have some WMA/HEMA background, but most of the classes assume you have little or no knowledge. This is because many of the people who go will use it as an opportunity to learn something new. For instance, a rapier-fighter might use it as an opportunity to try longsword. Or a German longsword fighter might want to try the Italian version. Also many of the classes focus on a specific aspect, like actions from the Zwerchau, or the importance of distance, or some-such.

Other classes may be things that very few people have tried, like knife throwing, or bartitsu with canes.

Sir William:
I remember you mentioning this, you actually went, did you not Sir Edward?  I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread.  I said I wanted to go and I do...maybe I'll actually get to this time around.

Sir James A:
I'm tempted to go just for the shopping aspect. :) But finding out recently I can't read numbers was a big help - I may try to get out to this one.

Jessica Finley:
I'll be there for sure!  :)  I *adore* this event. 

Sir Brian:
Man I really hope I can swing this financially next year. I MUST go to Florida this May which might prohibit my participation in this event.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version