Main > The Armoury

Going Teutonic

(1/7) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
I decided that Ulrich is not really all that much a name that would suit a Templar. So I am going Teutonic, I also prefer the black and white to the red and white of the Templar stuff. Ulrich is also a very German name and I think it would suit a Teutonic persona well, also being German myself and a possible descendant of the northern crusades as I am Prussian German on my mothers side from Mecklenburg which was part of Pomerania which was won during the northern crusades. Also where I get my red hair from.
So should I go for the GDFB teutonic stuff? Cause I dont think I got much time to get custom stuff and I think getting the GDFB stuff and tailoring it would work better and would be quicker as well as cheaper. Also need to know what to paint my new shield with. Any help would be appreciated.

SirNathanQ:
I used Acrylic paint with a sealant to protect from water.

Also, Welcome to the Ranks of the Order! Good Bruder Edvard has the GDFB stuff and it looks to be of good quality. Fits a 13th century persona perfectly. I'm in the 14th century, 1330-60, so I"m going with another custom job from BJ, who is responsible for my other garb.

Sir Edward:
Yep, the GDFB Teutonic surcoat and cloak are good for the money, but they will definitely be big on you (they're slightly big on me). But sizing down a surcoat shouldn't be too hard.

I'm doing my shield with spray-paints, but specifically the "matte" or "flat" paints, since they look more like acrylic. The gloss is what makes it look modern.

Sir Wolf:
look for milk paint online. thats about as close to period paint as you can get now.

http://www.milkpaint.com/  link (i have seen theres and its good stuff)
http://www.realmilkpaint.com/products.html

Sir William:
Hrm.  Looks like it is back to being just me, eh?  Suppose I could change my name to Wilhelm.  lol

Ulrich, how do you plan on tailoring the GDFB stuff?  Might be easy if you have sewing machine or access to a seamstress- like at your local dry cleaners.  The good ones usually have a seamstress on site to do alterations on mundane clothes- they could do yours too, you'd just need to have all of your gear on so they can get the correct measurements.  I was going to do that myself with some of my surcoats but then I gained 20 lbs and removed the need to do it.  For now, anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version