Main > The Armoury

A quick-n-dirty "Putting on Armor" page

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-08-27, 21:08:37 ---
I'm not sure if you meant forum as the page I linked to with comments posting, or here, but, I added like buttons on all my pages. It was surprisingly easy. I *think* it's working. Works for me, anyway, and seems to tag the like to the specific page. Let me know if it doesn't work - if it is working, we can add it to the Order pages easily, too.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I meant that the forum doesn't have a facebook-style "like" feature.

Lord Dane:
Yes I know. :)

Sir William:
Nicely done, Sir James.  I think any prospective knight should have to squire for us for at least one full year before they can be a candidate for knighthood!  lol

I especially like the fauld suspension...similar to what another member (his name escapes me, I know it starts with a 'S' though) did for his chausses.  He'd mentioned just using a belt caused it to dig into his hips so he created leather suspenders and never looked back.  Who is to say no one's done that before?  I thought it was a great idea.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-08-29, 18:11:19 ---Nicely done, Sir James.  I think any prospective knight should have to squire for us for at least one full year before they can be a candidate for knighthood!  lol

I especially like the fauld suspension...similar to what another member (his name escapes me, I know it starts with a 'S' though) did for his chausses.  He'd mentioned just using a belt caused it to dig into his hips so he created leather suspenders and never looked back.  Who is to say no one's done that before?  I thought it was a great idea.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Sir William. The fauld is certainly a "cheat" of sorts, and period evidence shows it would have been attached to the arming clothes. Crossing the straps, I took from the early 14th century armor with just a breastplate, where the straps in the back would be crossed to keep it from shuffling around.

In my case, it works great because I can hike it up "Urkel Style" for wearing it with just a breast/back 14th century style, or let it sit lower so it is below the breast/back and hangs with the tassets in later styles. Plus, I can get it on and off by myself, without the "haubergeon dance" of mail. :) The rest ... no so much! 8)

Sir Edward:

Yeah, that looked like a pretty good solution. For mine, I just have a cord laced through the upper row of links, and tied it nice and tight around my waist so it doesn't slip down. I don't have it pointed or anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version