Main > The Armoury

Antique 16th century plate legs - or at least, they look like it (RemOil is BAD)

<< < (8/9) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-07-11, 14:38:48 ---anything good in there?

--- End quote ---

Yep. Breakfree CLP and ironically enough, some RemOil too. :)

There were other people holding guns, but none were pointed at me, so I didn't pay any attention to them. :D

Sir Edward:

I didn't get around to taking the pictures off the camera til now, but here's the before and after shot of the gaunts, after cleaning them over at Sir James' place this spring, watching them re-rust in my living room, and then cleaning one again before taking this photo.

Sir James A:
I'm wondering what the cause of your rust is now. I haven't seen any rust on the RemOil sprayed bit, as of yesterday when I packed it up and shipped it. Not sure if it's shadows, but it looks darker around the cuff. Hmm...

Sir Edward:

I think a lot of mine is from the steel wool leaving steel particles behind. I had to really press it hard around those rivets, so I'll bet there was more left behind there to rust.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-07-13, 15:28:29 ---
I think a lot of mine is from the steel wool leaving steel particles behind. I had to really press it hard around those rivets, so I'll bet there was more left behind there to rust.

--- End quote ---

That makes perfect sense. If you didn't clean the other one yet, bring it by sunday and you can give it a whirl with the ultra-fine scotchbrites, and see how that does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version