"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect."
                -- Carl Von Clausewitz

Author Topic: Prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?  (Read 6468 times)

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?
« Reply #15 on: 2012-05-18, 04:55:04 »
I think all of us are pretty well equipped for such an apocalypse. Cept me I don't have a sharp sword yet blunt ones can still kill and i'm sure someone could sharpen it for me. That actually would make for a cool movie, a group of medieval reenactors against a whole hoard of zombies and using medieval weapons and tactics they can hold out and defend during a siege until the zombies are wiped out. Be a horror movie spoof of Ironclad or something.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2012-05-18, 15:53:15 »
Sir Ulrich, you'd think someone would've done that already, right?  Hmm...I was an extra in a zombie flick a few years back...wonder if the director would be interested in doing it.  We'd have to be the stars of course...I'm not one for lending out my gear (unless it is to one of you knights).
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #17 on: 2012-05-18, 17:54:41 »
hehehe we will call it "Dead of Knight" heheheh medieval dead knights

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2012-05-18, 18:22:32 »
I think all of us are pretty well equipped for such an apocalypse. Cept me I don't have a sharp sword yet blunt ones can still kill and i'm sure someone could sharpen it for me. That actually would make for a cool movie, a group of medieval reenactors against a whole hoard of zombies and using medieval weapons and tactics they can hold out and defend during a siege until the zombies are wiped out. Be a horror movie spoof of Ironclad or something.

That would be awesome! The closest I've seen is Season of the Witch.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 2012-05-18, 19:53:39 »
I've only seen that movie once...I was more than a little disappointed; I much preferred 'Black Death' to that...similarly themed movies.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Bernarr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: 2012-05-25, 06:41:20 »
Sir Ulrich- You can usually find some small shop, or even most hardware stores will sharpen just about anything. I've had a few blades come in blunt that I took to my local ACE hardware and they have a nice edge on them now.
If you want to hand sharpen them, or hone them a bit after the hardware store, I use DMT stones, which are awesome-
http://www.dmtsharp.com/
« Last Edit: 2012-05-25, 06:44:02 by Bernarr »