Main > The Armoury

Gambesons from MATULS

<< < (11/11)

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Still was unable to get it on myself, I cant get my arms in the sleeves that easily and it doesnt stretch that easily due to that. Maybe it's a size too small for me, if thats the case I been considering selling it and exchanging it for a larger size. But then it would weigh more ugh and I dont need extra weight. My chest size is like 34 and the chest size for this maille is 40 so I think I am pretty much fine.

--- End quote ---

Keep practicing Sir Ulrich, you will get the hang of it.  ;)

Sir William:
Ulrich, if its made for a 40 you should be ok, provided you're not wearing a Michelin man style gambeson- that is, an overstuffed one.  Mind you, it is most likely the weight of it that is giving you trouble...keep at it, keep handling it- you might even make a workout of it, putting it on, taking it off- do that ten times and see how you feel.  Then you can add 'reps' to that.  It is a lot harder than lifting hand weights because it'll flop and fold over if you're not paying attention, but it makes for a good workout nonetheless.  You will get the hang of it eventually, no pun intended.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Ulrich, if its made for a 40 you should be ok, provided you're not wearing a Michelin man style gambeson- that is, an overstuffed one.  Mind you, it is most likely the weight of it that is giving you trouble...keep at it, keep handling it- you might even make a workout of it, putting it on, taking it off- do that ten times and see how you feel.  Then you can add 'reps' to that.  It is a lot harder than lifting hand weights because it'll flop and fold over if you're not paying attention, but it makes for a good workout nonetheless.  You will get the hang of it eventually, no pun intended.
--- End quote ---

I agree on this one.

Sir William:
And Ulrich, should you decide to get rid of it, let me know!

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-05-20, 16:20:49 ---Still was unable to get it on myself, I cant get my arms in the sleeves that easily and it doesnt stretch that easily due to that. Maybe it's a size too small for me, if thats the case I been considering selling it and exchanging it for a larger size. But then it would weigh more ugh and I dont need extra weight. My chest size is like 34 and the chest size for this maille is 40 so I think I am pretty much fine.

--- End quote ---

You might need to add some triangular gussets at the armpits. It'll give you more flex to get your arms in, and tapered properly, won't give you the bingo wings, either. Cut out a short line of rings, roughly twice as long on the arms as on the body, then try to put the shirt on. If you can, add the gussets / gores accordingly. Just remember it's going to be a contracting mail pattern, not the standard 4 in 1. It sounds harder than it is. And if cutting open the line of rings doesn't work and you still can't get it on, just rivet it back closed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version