Main > The Armoury

Clothing

<< < (11/13) > >>

Sir Matthew:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2012-05-03, 21:40:01 ---
BTW, since we're on the subject of material, how well does wool stand armour wear and abuse?

--- End quote ---

The wool coats my reenacting unit wears don't stand armor abuse well at all. They are a lighter weight wool, though. That's one big reason those of us that wear armor wear buff coats under it, they protect out coats from the abuse of the armor. Heavier weights of wool are probably more tolerant, but they are also much warmer.

Ian:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2012-05-03, 21:40:01 ---
BTW, since we're on the subject of material, how well does wool stand armour wear and abuse?

--- End quote ---

Arming clothes are typically linen so it should be a non-issue. The only wool I wear that comes in to contact with armor are my chausses. The inside of my cuisses and greaves are pretty smooth and non-abrasive and so far I've not run in to any issues.  All other wool garments I have are for soft-kit use, not for wear with armor.  Some people wrap some extra wool fabric around their knees to prevent chafing prior to putting on cuisses.

Sir Wolf:
i wear wool tunics under my mail all the time, or i did when i was viking. and wear wool tunic under my hamata and segmentata when i am roman. no issues at all. makes great padding too.

Sir Brian:
A slight variation of my soft. This is probably most of what I'll wear for the demo @ VARF the end of this month.

Sir Edward:

Hey, looking good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version