Main > The Armoury

Clothing

<< < (10/13) > >>

Sir Edward:

Oh, I'm not unhappy, I'm just trying to get it settled so that I'll be happy in the long-run. I think with the large tunic, it should do OK after a couple of washings. The medium will probably by a little too small after washing if it's already right on the edge of being too small now. I'll give the chausses a fair shake, but maybe I should have only gotten one pair instead of two. I may not really use the blue ones much. The liripipe hood might have been nicer in wool, but they only offered it in linen. It'll all work. I just think I need to exchange the tunic.

OK, I'll go back and look for the little window on the braies again. I was looking at the waist-band area and didn't see it.

Sir William:
You say there's a sale over at Revival today?

*gone*

Sir Edward:

Yep, same sale-code, Spring20. Today only.

I used it to order the under-tunic that they didn't have in my size over the weekend.

SirNathanQ:
Leganoth, the Google is being useless, so basically take a Surcoat, extend the length to almost the ankle, and add long narrow tapering sleeves. That's a cappa clausa.

BTW, since we're on the subject of material, how well does wool stand armour wear and abuse?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-05-03, 11:46:45 ---Their sizing has always been slightly inaccurate (sometimes wildly so, but Nicole got defensive with me when I tried to bring it up at WMAW). I've always had to exchange something from my orders to get a different size, even if I was only ordering one thing.

Ah, fun with ordering things without trying them on first.
--- End quote ---

I ran into this same problem. My arming coat is medium, fits great. My Gaston Phebus is medium, fits great. The linen shirt I got is medium, and if I hadn't recently lost a few pounds in the john, it may not have fit - I'm going to send it back for a large. The sizes seem to be in a similar ballpark, but those couple of inches makes a big difference in the fitment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version