Main > The Armoury

Great helms

<< < (6/7) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-04-14, 13:45:10 ---Here's the foam:
http://www.windrosearmoury.com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_23&products_id=93

It's got a sticky back you just peel off and then it sticks to steal with no problem and is removable if you need to take it out or replace it.

--- End quote ---

Very cool, I hadn't looked at that. My current great helm is using foam as well, but it's that blue camping-pad foam. I hot-glued some sheets of it into place a number of years ago. I'm thinking of either pulling it out to replace it with a more period liner, or hide it by covering it with linen.

Thorsteinn:
I use that foam in my Windrose Norman and it works pretty well. I only have a 1/2" all around my head in there.

Also a good chinstrap helps lots. The pic attached is what I use. Duke tested, Ivan approved.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-04-14, 15:35:41 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-04-14, 13:45:10 ---Here's the foam:
http://www.windrosearmoury.com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_23&products_id=93

It's got a sticky back you just peel off and then it sticks to steal with no problem and is removable if you need to take it out or replace it.

--- End quote ---

Very cool, I hadn't looked at that. My current great helm is using foam as well, but it's that blue camping-pad foam. I hot-glued some sheets of it into place a number of years ago. I'm thinking of either pulling it out to replace it with a more period liner, or hide it by covering it with linen.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, I wonder how the blue cell foam compares to the EVA foam. I've got a bunch of blue stuff around here somewhere.

Sir Ulrich:
Allright this is a bit odd of a request but I found a great helm I liked in this mount and blade game. I'd like to know what design it is and if there are replicas of it, it looks like a Maciejowski bible one though.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I'd say the closest thing to it is the round-faced mac-bible helms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version