Main > The Courtyard

Longpoint 2012

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-04-10, 18:49:39 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-04-06, 19:37:22 ---Excellent! Why don't you come to our next VARF rehearsal on the 15th @ Sir James' house and show us?  :)

--- End quote ---

I've nothing to show you that you don't already know, Sir- but I will be there!  I'm still awful, but less awful than when I started.  ;)

I'm still bleeding off the Hollywood style that I've grown up watching...and am loving it.  School was closed for spring break...I actually forgot what that meant.  lol

--- End quote ---

So how are the classes going? Which instructor do you have?

Sir William:
Dave's our instructor, and I'm currently working thru the intro to historical sword class.  So far, so good...the hardest part for me is to get past the 'embarrassment' of looking dumb - because I know I look it.  Ours is a small class, 5 students- a bf/gf team, a mother/son team and me.  The second hardest part is learning to hit (and be hit) - you know, in our polite society such things are frowned upon and that ingrained training is hard to get past...I kept pulling shots short of the mark.  I'm getting better tho, and working on footwork at home when I can.

Sir Edward:

Awesome! Yeah, David's good, he won't steer you wrong. :) It's a shame you have an odd number, since it's a little harder to pair off for drills. Someone always ends up with a 3-person group.

Sir William:
Yup, I'm the odd man out!  I don't care...I'm there to learn and I like that I'm not comfortable with any of them- it'll make hitting them a lot easier.  lol

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-04-11, 15:53:05 ---Yup, I'm the odd man out!  I don't care...I'm there to learn and I like that I'm not comfortable with any of them- it'll make hitting them a lot easier.  lol

--- End quote ---

Address them all as 'Pell' and it becomes easier still!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version