Main > The Armoury

Arming wear

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-02-22, 19:00:17 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-02-22, 18:44:51 ---Nope, Revival Clothing is Nicole Allen.

Revival.us is Brian Price.

--- End quote ---

Yep. Also, Revival.us was recently purchased by somebody else who "merged" with it. I'm not sure if Price is still associated with it in any way.

--- End quote ---

Huh. Yeah, I'd like to find out which way it went. Revival Enterprises was Brian Price's attempt to create an umbrella "Revival" association with different shops, which Revival Clothing originally was going to be a part of, hence the similar names. I'm wondering if Price absorbed Adkins, or the other way around.

C.J. Stout:
I believe Price is out of it. I don't know the name of the new owner but his avatar name is Murdoch on the Armour Archive. You may want to look for more info over there.

By the way the arming cotte is great. I have one and love it.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-02-22, 02:04:10 ---
--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2012-02-22, 01:34:46 ---Ahh i see, so it is possible/period to wear a hauberk/haubergaben over your gabeson and under plate, thought it wouldnt work cause the chains would mess up strapping, get caught, and or mess with the measurments to your body

--- End quote ---

It works, my avatar photo is plate over a full haubergeon. 
--- End quote ---

Ian, is that a breastplate, or full cuirass you're wearing over that haubergeon?

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-02-22, 20:06:32 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-02-22, 02:04:10 ---
--- Quote from: Leganoth on 2012-02-22, 01:34:46 ---Ahh i see, so it is possible/period to wear a hauberk/haubergaben over your gabeson and under plate, thought it wouldnt work cause the chains would mess up strapping, get caught, and or mess with the measurments to your body

--- End quote ---

It works, my avatar photo is plate over a full haubergeon. 
--- End quote ---

Ian, is that a breastplate, or full cuirass you're wearing over that haubergeon?

--- End quote ---

That is a reproduction of the Churburg #14 Breastplate, not a full cuirass.  It does provide coverage on my sides, but does not have an associated backplate, nor does it wrap all the way around like the segmented Churburg #13.  Just has criss-cross straps in the back, appropriate for the time.

Sir William:
Ok, good to know.  I'm all over the place w/regard to plate.  Maybe I should just keep it simple and stick with a hauberk with lower arm and leg defenses and call it a day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version