Main > The Armoury

My new 3/4 Arms

(1/4) > >>

Sir Brian:
These are the 3/4 leather arms I purchased from Viking Leather Crafts:
http://www.vikingleathercrafts.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=99e0500f6e2884da737341ce7dd07e0e

They fit well enough and don't bind or impede motion any more than the old lacrosse arm pads I wore yet has the distinct advantage of not putting pressure on my tennis elbow which is why I purchased them however I am a little disappointed in the general design of the elbow cops and I have some reservations about it's overall durability for WMA, but I will find out soon enough.

Ian:
They look great!  Frank is awesome to deal with at Viking Leathercrafts.  I guess it would be tricky to shape leather to truly mirror a normal steel elbow cop design.

On a side note, how are you enjoying the Albion Meyer?  Why did you choose it over the Liechtenauer and how is it holding up?  KoA has a A&A Fechterspiel in stock, which is very similar to the Meyer, and I'm curious if people are enjoying that style ricasso over the shoulderless style.

Thorsteinn:
I'm more concerned with those gauntlets protectiveness. What are they padded with?

Oh... can we see them in the full kit for the best look? :)

-Ivan

SirNathanQ:
Looking good Sir Brian, a fine aqquisition!  :)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-02-10, 01:58:07 ---On a side note, how are you enjoying the Albion Meyer?  Why did you choose it over the Liechtenauer and how is it holding up?  KoA has a A&A Fechterspiel in stock, which is very similar to the Meyer, and I'm curious if people are enjoying that style ricasso over the shoulderless style.
--- End quote ---

I LOVE my Albion Meyer! When I was shopping around for a steel practice sword I wanted to make sure I really liked what I would drop over $500 on. Sir Edward has both the Albion Meyer and the A&A Fechterspiel which he brought along with him to VARF last year and let me try out both of them in the Parking lot. A fellow MASHS student has the Liechtenauer and he let me try that as well and I liked the Meyer the best. For me it has the best balance. The Liechtenauer would be my second choice and the Fechterspiel the third choice because I found it feel a bit more blade heavy than the Albions.

--- Quote from: RauttSkegg on 2012-02-10, 01:59:47 ---I'm more concerned with those gauntlets protectiveness. What are they padded with?
--- End quote ---

I just use those gauntlets for practice on the pell and not so much for dueling since I have regular leather gloves and no padding protection with them. I may have to use them though if Sir Edward and I get to do that Longsword demonstration at VARF this year, or I can wear my crappy steel clamshell gauntlets.  :-\

--- Quote ---Oh... can we see them in the full kit for the best look? :) 
--- End quote ---

Probably not anytime soon as those arms are predominantly going to be used for WMA and my kit is in various stages of repair/rework. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version