Main > The Armoury

A Selection of My Sharp and Pointies!

<< < (7/12) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-01-17, 14:28:06 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-01-16, 20:15:31 ---there can be only one...movie that is hehehe ahhah hohooh unless you count Sir Edward's favorite, the SCI version of the last one hehehe (ducks n covers)

--- End quote ---

Them's fightin' words!  :)

--- End quote ---

Indeed! That movie made me want to throw things at the TV. And the producers. And at Adrian Paul for agreeing to such a ridiculous movie...

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-01-16, 20:17:00 ---
--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-01-14, 03:00:47 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-01-13, 20:36:46 ---It's the first film, and yes it's the scene where he stabs himself. :) Basically he shows off the collection, which then leads to that moment.

--- End quote ---

Cool, I thought that's the part. Here's a couple quick grabs:

--- End quote ---

you know, thanks for ruining my youth. i remember that room being more grandious than that. shoot theres more in any of our collections than whats seen there heheeh

--- End quote ---

That's the difference between early 90s collections and early 2010s. :)

The other memorable scenes from me are from the TV series, when Duncan owns the pawn shop. He's got a number of swords and armor on display around the place, inside some nice glass cases, and IIRC, some others along the wall too. I want *that* setup.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-01-18, 22:11:33 ---Indeed! That movie made me want to throw things at the TV. And the producers. And at Adrian Paul for agreeing to such a ridiculous movie...

--- End quote ---

Seriously. It's one of the worst films I've seen, and that's saying something, because I've sat through some REALLY bad movies.

I mean, the whole film undermines the entire franchise, by making Duncan just a sort of bystander along the way, changing around the whole concept, and not even bothering to bring in some decent production values.

That's what I also didn't get about Highlander 2. Why did they throw in this stuff about coming from another planet? The director's cut, which changes it to time travel, isn't much better. Completely undermines the concept of the first film. And the first one was artistic on so many levels.

The third one wasn't so terrible, but it was forgettable, and you had to accept the idea of the game being restarted because of trapped immortals being set free. The fourth was also not so terrible, but also forgettable. It just made an interesting extension to the TV series.

What's amazing is that the same producers were involved in all of the films, and the TV series. How can they go from good ideas to bad, and back and forth again like that? Ugh.

/rant.

Sir William:
I thought the alien premise was odd...sword fighting aliens who make use of Terran weapons?  Why not have their own super-cool versions to play with?

Sir Patrick:
"There SHOULD be only one."

Sir William:
Yea, I agree- only ONE Highlander movie...the first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version