Main > The Armoury

Maille gloves

<< < (9/9)

Sir Ulrich:

Well my mittens arrived. I think they're a size too big for me, considering returning them for a pair thats small. This is size medium, maybe I should put some linen padding inside them then that will make them fit me better? I dont know where to begin, they're NOT bad quality mittens and they're unlined, just a bit big.

Sir Ulrich:
Allright I returned the medium pair and exchanged it for a small. Fits me perfectly, working on the maille as we speak, I practically have ONE done already if I connect the pieces I should be good. Only issue is the thumbs, how to connect them. When it comes to sewing I am using waxed thread. The mittens I got happen to be deerskin so they're very soft and sewing the maille to them would probably be easier than the hard leather of the gloves.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-02-29, 23:37:00 ---Allright I returned the medium pair and exchanged it for a small. Fits me perfectly, working on the maille as we speak, I practically have ONE done already if I connect the pieces I should be good. Only issue is the thumbs, how to connect them. When it comes to sewing I am using waxed thread. The mittens I got happen to be deerskin so they're very soft and sewing the maille to them would probably be easier than the hard leather of the gloves.

--- End quote ---

Awesome, things are much easier when they fit properly from the start. Congrats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version