Main > The Armoury

Seelenspalter has finally arrived!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir Brian:
Yes I had to wait 5 months!  :(
...but it was well worth the wait! Now I have to wait until Wednesday night to hit someone with it!  ;)

Sir William:
I like it; maybe one day I'll let you hit me with it!  ;)

Sir James A:
Having many "quick" disappointments, waiting 5 months for a quality piece you're happy with should be well worth the wait. Huzzah and congratulations on it's arrival. May it open the door to (many) more Albions. :)

Sir Brian:
Well tragedy has struck last night at practice when approximately 3” broke off the tip of SeelenSpalter!

I was dueling Matt Lawrence (coincidentally enough he is the same guy with whom we broke on the same night my other steel blade and his aluminum blade several months ago). He received his A&A Fechterspiel about three weeks ago and we dueled then several times with no problems. Last night on our third duel I made an opening attack with a typical zornhau without any excessive power or speed and when he blocked it with his own zornhau my tip went flying. I only had this blade just less than 15 months and I’m shocked it broke. I will be calling Mike at Albion today and inquire about this obvious quality issue.  >:(

In the meanwhile I am considering on buying an A&A Fechterspiel from KOA since they are in stock at $430.  :-\

Oh by the way, I haven’t given my wife the tragic news as of yet so no running your fingers off on the
‘Book of Faces’!  ;)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-02-14, 14:24:07 ---Well tragedy has struck last night at practice when approximately 3” broke off the tip of SeelenSpalter!

I was dueling Matt Lawrence (coincidentally enough he is the same guy with whom we broke on the same night my other steel blade and his aluminum blade several months ago). He received his A&A Fechterspiel about three weeks ago and we dueled then several times with no problems. Last night on our third duel I made an opening attack with a typical zornhau without any excessive power or speed and when he blocked it with his own zornhau my tip went flying. I only had this blade just less than 15 months and I’m shocked it broke. I will be calling Mike at Albion today and inquire about this obvious quality issue.  >:(

In the meanwhile I am considering on buying an A&A Fechterspiel from KOA since they are in stock at $430.  :-\

Oh by the way, I haven’t given my wife the tragic news as of yet so no running your fingers off on the
‘Book of Faces’!  ;)

--- End quote ---

My condolescences, Sir Brian. But at least it's a sword-tip & not a thumb-nail this time.  :D I'll be getting something new shortly. A new Xiiia two-handed 12th century broadsword from Darksword Armory with scabbard & swordbelt. Got it for $200.00 second-hand on ebay auction. No defects or damage either. Least nothing I can't finish up (slight tarnish on tip). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version