Main > The Armoury

Seelenspalter has finally arrived!

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir Brian:
Ah but thumbnails and broken fingers eventually heal!  ;)

And yet all is not lost since I spoke with Mike @ Albion and he told me to send it back to him and they’ll replace the blade. I am still in need of a steel blade however and I'm now torn between getting a replacement blade for my broken Tinker Pearce practice longsword or dropping the extra scratch for the Fechterspiel.  :-\

UPDATE: Well I went with the replacement blade for the Tinker since they are in stock AND on sale for $129.00 :)

Sir Edward:

Wow, that's awesome that they're going to replace the blade. Man, only 15 months? It's quite possible there was a quality issue with the blade. Did you get a good look at the grain inside the break? Any invasion of rust or anything like that?

I know with mine it was definitely just one too many bends. I got a good 5 years out of it.

Sir Brian:
I didn't get a chance to check it out with a magnifying lens but I've been very diligent about keeping it well maintained and inspect my blades frequently.

I’m just glad I kept my Talhoffer shipping box so I can ship the Meyer back to them in that.  ;)

Lord Dane:
Glad to hear they stand by their blades & customers. :) Gives Albion another reason to be looked on favorably.

Sir Brian:
Truly!

Well I just mailed it back to them. Now I'll have to wait for them to replace the blade. Hopefully my replacement blade for the tinker will be here shortly. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version