Main > The Armoury

Issues with Raymond's Quiet Press (RQP)

(1/2) > >>

Sir James A:
I placed an order, #5029, on Sept 12th, and have the confirmation email. I emailed him to ask if my spurs would be done in time for my knighting ceremony, originally scheduled for closing sunday of MDRF (Sept 23rd). Sept 14th, he replied and said they should be. Great.

After speaking with Sir Brian, I realized I didn't get straps, and I emailed Raymond on Sept 21st to ask him if I could add straps to the order, and if so, should I place a separate order or would he send me an invoice so he can charge my card the difference. No response.

No response for weeks, so I called him - the exact date escapes me, but roughly Oct 12th or so. I left a voicemail, as no one answered.

October 29th, I sent another email asking him to please let me know what's going on. At this point, it's been over a month since I asked about my order, and  nearly 7 weeks since it was placed. No response.

I decided I'd find spurs from somewhere who will reply to reasonable requests or at least fulfill orders. I went to dispute the charge on my credit card as goods never received - but there was no charge. I sent a final email this morning - and hopefully I'll receive a reply to it - but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Any recommendations for a source of spurs besides RQP? :(

Sir Brian:
James I’m so sorry to hear your troubles with RQP. He always seemed a bit “unhurried” with producing some of his products and I’ve also experienced his uncommunicative tendencies but this is a little much even for him. Here are a couple of viable alternatives.  :(

http://www.mingloo.com/ah6703.html

http://armourandcastings.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=354

I still have the two spare straps if you need them. Btw, did you receive your new surcoat? It was suppose to be delivered yesterday.  :-\

Sir Edward:

Man, sorry to hear that! My spurs took a little time, but there were no issues. I'm sorry to hear he's slipped.

I do have extra spurs I can bring.

Sir William:
I have an extra pair also, Sir James if you'd like to borrow them for the ceremony.  He's a bit spotty...he sent me two pairs, even though I'd only ordered one pair (I bought the rowel ones, he also sent a pair of pricks).

Sir James A:
Sometimes I truly wonder if I'm on a hidden camera show or something. The amount of ironies in my life can't be coincidence....

I got an email from him this morning saying "Well, I have totally screwed up this order.". He asked if I still wanted the order filled. I requested that if he can't do it by the 18th, to please let me know, but if he can, that I'd still like to have it filled (along with the straps). I'm crossing my fingers, and I'll keep the offers for the spares in mind as a fallback plan.

Sir Brian, I did receive the surcoat yesterday, I had the "tried to deliver" card in the mailbox - ironic again, since I didn't leave the house from monday night until thursday morning - although I was essentially unconscious for 90% of the time due to some rather unpleasant illness. The pictures did not do it justice; it is really, really fantastic. I was so excited when I opened it last night I asked my wife to pause her show so that she could see it. I'll post pics in a separate thread when I have a chance to get a few good ones with armor this weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version