"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect."
                -- Carl Von Clausewitz

Author Topic: Medieval movies?  (Read 48900 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Medieval movies?
« Reply #45 on: 2012-03-27, 02:30:10 »
Obviously you must undertake a Quest to rectify this error. I foresee a need for popcorn, soda, and pizza as the necessary tools for this journey.  :)

You are correct. I may need assistance for the journey.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Sir John of Felsenbau (Ritter Johann von Felsenbau)
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #46 on: 2012-05-06, 15:07:21 »
I guess none of the members are interested in that idea of making a movie?

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Motto:  "Perseverantis Vincit Omnia"
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"
      "Crescit Senex est Manditory, Excrescendi est Voluntarium"

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #47 on: 2012-05-06, 17:11:45 »

I think most of us like the idea Sir John, the problem would be that it would take time and means to get all of us on one or several locations, do the filming and that can take even more time, it would create a conflict of different schedules.  But I like the idea and why not do a Promo video of all of us together as Knights of the Order o the Marshall?  Why not do a couple of movies where we go on Quests, adventures of our own designs?
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #48 on: 2012-05-06, 20:39:55 »
Sir Joshua,

I understand the problem involved with everyone scattered, however a screenplay can be written with the minimum of participants. As I stated, I am already working on a screenplay that doesn't require a lot of people...plus if the movie is not long, it shouldn't take much to make it.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #49 on: 2012-05-06, 20:55:18 »
I understand the problem involved with everyone scattered, however a screenplay can be written with the minimum of participants. As I stated, I am already working on a screenplay that doesn't require a lot of people...plus if the movie is not long, it shouldn't take much to make it.

That sounds like a plan that we can work on!  :D
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #50 on: 2012-05-06, 21:02:01 »
I will keep everyone informed as I get further on the screenplay. At first I was going to do it on Sir Wm Marshal, but I thought so much has been done on him and I could never do him justice....so I have another idea which I really loke. More on this later.

I am your most obedient servant,

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #51 on: 2012-05-06, 21:12:26 »
I will keep everyone informed as I get further on the screenplay. At first I was going to do it on Sir Wm Marshal, but I thought so much has been done on him and I could never do him justice....so I have another idea which I really loke. More on this later.

Thank you Sir John!  Keep us informed!
Knight of The Lion Blade

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 2012-05-07, 19:53:37 »

I think most of us like the idea Sir John, the problem would be that it would take time and means to get all of us on one or several locations, do the filming and that can take even more time, it would create a conflict of different schedules.  But I like the idea and why not do a Promo video of all of us together as Knights of the Order o the Marshall?  Why not do a couple of movies where we go on Quests, adventures of our own designs?

Time, distance and any acting ability are 3 things I would not have enough of. A shorter promo video, rather than full length film, would be more likely - but not likely for me this year.

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #53 on: 2012-05-08, 12:17:49 »
Time, distance and any acting ability are 3 things I would not have enough of. A shorter promo video, rather than full length film, would be more likely - but not likely for me this year.

True on that Sir James, time would be a problem unless managed well by a consistent and up to date schedule.  Or why one of us film with someone else and the others do the same, we send a copy of the film to the person who will collect it and put it together into a combined film and there you have it.

Distance is also a problem, but if it is filmed by someone who knows an ideal location and send the copy to the film editor, that should be no problem. 

Acting ability, I can act but in regards to others, all I can say is why not have fun?  Why not act like in the Knights in cinema (why not Sir Edward re-enact Sir Balian or Sir Nathan re-enact as a Teutonic Knight with an Aragorn attitude or persona, or why not Sir Brian be the "Green Knight" from the poem, or I could be a "Renaissance Knight" like Don Giovanni dalle Bande Nere, Sir Philip Sydney, Don Juan of Austria, a Knight of Malta or Sir Walter Raleigh?)?  I would do my best to encourage you guys to have fun and in the end we will be full of jollity when we watch the blooper reels.

In honesty I like the idea but we all would have to work together to do this, it can start from (I will use this hypothetical example: Me, Sir Ulrich and Sir Matthew would film a segment either in Pennsylvania or New Jersey, once the filming is done, I send the copy of the footage to Sir Edward to compile it with per say him, Sir Brian, Sir Nathan and Sir James.  When he gets both footage in, he slaps them together and we have our film) combined teamwork despite long distance.  Now if we want to film all of us together, a solution that would come to my mind would be to film nearby a Ren Faire where we are going to be at.

I must profess that this is just my idea, take it or leave it.
Knight of The Lion Blade

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #54 on: 2012-05-08, 15:38:28 »

Personally, I'm a terrible actor... unless it comes to creature effects. I do a mean Grim Reaper for Halloween. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #55 on: 2012-05-08, 17:20:02 »
Personally, I'm a terrible actor... unless it comes to creature effects. I do a mean Grim Reaper for Halloween. :)

If that be case, why not we do just a single "take" with all of us in our kits, on horse back, looking towards an epic looking horizon and call it a day?  ;)
Knight of The Lion Blade

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #56 on: 2012-05-08, 21:40:05 »
I think I'm a world-class actor...I have all of you believing that I'm an honorable knight, worthy of being numbered amongst such puissant knights!

;)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #57 on: 2012-05-09, 01:00:19 »
I think fleshing out the details on how long it would be, how much time we'd need to film, how many people we'd need, any specific backgrounds / sets, would be good to hash out. A full length film would be far too involved for me, but if we're doing a 5-10 minute short film, like the one with the river battle that was posted recently, that could be fun.

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #58 on: 2012-05-09, 16:46:10 »
This ounds like it could be a bit of fun for you all  ;)
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #59 on: 2012-05-10, 12:27:00 »
I think I'm a world-class actor...I have all of you believing that I'm an honorable knight, worthy of being numbered amongst such puissant knights!

Excellent Sir William!

I think fleshing out the details on how long it would be, how much time we'd need to film, how many people we'd need, any specific backgrounds / sets, would be good to hash out. A full length film would be far too involved for me, but if we're doing a 5-10 minute short film, like the one with the river battle that was posted recently, that could be fun.

That is a possibility Sir James. I like the idea and that could work.   :)
Knight of The Lion Blade