Main > The Library

Codex Manesse

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Brian:
Excellent link!

--- Quote ---I'm also noticing that all of the swords have the suspensions that consist of two holes at one end of the belt, and two tails at the other end that tie through. Every single one is like this. In some images the belts are dangling, and in others they've hung the sword off of a peg by the end with the holes.
--- End quote ---

I read somewhere, (I can't remember which book it was) but it stated that particular type of suspension was more popular in eastern Europe and particularly with the Germanic kingdoms.  :-\

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-10-15, 03:34:38 ---I'm also noticing that all of the swords have the suspensions that consist of two holes at one end of the belt, and two tails at the other end that tie through.

--- End quote ---

I'm having a hard time picturing this. Do you mean the belt itself is closed with the dual holes & tails, or the scabbard itself is hung like that?

Sir Wolf:

Sir Wolf:
aghhhhhhh come on

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-10-15, 22:58:02 ---I'm having a hard time picturing this. Do you mean the belt itself is closed with the dual holes & tails, or the scabbard itself is hung like that?

--- End quote ---

Here's an image showing the suspension designed this way, but without the person wearing it:

There are some images in which they're wearing them, some that are sitting like this, and others where they hung it from a peg on the wall by the loop/hole end of the belt.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-10-16, 00:55:03 ---aghhhhhhh come on

--- End quote ---

Yeah, they don't allow hotlinking of images. It's a good policy for the most part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version