Main > The Armoury

Drool Worthy Swords

(1/8) > >>

Sir William:
Every now and again, I'll torture myself and check up on a particular smith who makes some AMAZING works; here is one such work.  I've never contacted him to ask about price...in looking at this and his other wares, I'm of the mind that if I need to ask...

What I like most about his work is the intricacy, the attention to detail...take this particular one for example, Du Sith, is a civilian longsword.  It takes its name from a legendary faerie named Du-Sith (dark elf) who helped a Sir James MacDonald during the battle of Trai-Guinard, Islay, Scotland, 1598.  Look at the hand carving of the grip and scabbard....mindblowing.  You would not want to cover that in leather!

Sir Edward:

Lots of artistic license taken, of course, but very pretty!

Sir William:
In what way?  The description, or the sword itself?

Sir Edward:

Oh, just the artistic styling. You probably won't find a museum piece quite like that. But then again, they did all sorts of things back in the day. I'm not complaining, mind you. It's quite pretty!

SirNathanQ:
I concur with Sir Edward. Although to ramp up the Historicity, he could cover the handle and scabbard in leather and tool the designs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version