Main > The Armoury

Chain shirt sag

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2011-08-09, 13:34:19 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward ---The biggest mistake you can make is to take out too much material. We all do this the first time, if we're not careful.
--- End quote ---
Don't I know it.  ;)

--- End quote ---

I know, seriously. I was super careful, and still ended up putting links back in.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-08-09, 13:42:48 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2011-08-09, 13:34:19 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward ---The biggest mistake you can make is to take out too much material. We all do this the first time, if we're not careful.
--- End quote ---
Don't I know it.  ;)

--- End quote ---

I know, seriously. I was super careful, and still ended up putting links back in.

--- End quote ---

The primary problem in all actuality is you generally know how you want the shirt to fit but you can’t accomplish the needed adjustments while you wear it and have to guess when either having someone else wear it or having it on an armor stand, or you have to rely upon someone else’s comprehension skills after you try to convey your desirable outcome of said tailoring attempt. :-\

SirNathanQ:
With the shirt I have coming in, I plan to use cords to keep everything close. one on the middle of the bicep, another on the elbow, cut excess and lace forearms, and another cord on wrist. You see period images of cords actually threaded through the armour tying it down.

Sir William:
Sir Brian actually uses cord to bring his mail in tight- he showed it to me and I liked the look of it.  You can't tell that it has bell sleeves...which is exactly what I'm working with now.  Too lazy to tailor, think I'll go the cord route until I can get a shirt made custom.

Thorsteinn:
In period it was common to tie in the mail just above the elbow as I recall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version