Main > The Armoury

Great helm liners

<< < (10/12) > >>

Ian:
Here, he made this out of a padded moving blanket, but you could use whatever you want.  I should have done this!  Seems pretty simple:
http://mailmaker.tripod.com/paddedcoif/paddedcoif.html

Sir William:
Sir Ian, that'd make it easier than cutting out a pattern and sewing it up, except those things usually stink of...stuff.  lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-21, 20:02:56 ---Sir Ian, that'd make it easier than cutting out a pattern and sewing it up, except those things usually stink of...stuff.  lol

--- End quote ---

You can pick up a brand new moving blanket probably big enough for 2 or 3 coifs for around $5 .. but it's going to be hotter than linen.

Sir Ulrich:
Thats actually what I have, cept mines not padded thickly at all, it's just got like one layer of cotton felt I believe. I guess I could make another or I could just get another arming cap to wear under it to double the padding to make wearing my topfhelm fit better.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-02-22, 05:02:25 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-21, 20:02:56 ---Sir Ian, that'd make it easier than cutting out a pattern and sewing it up, except those things usually stink of...stuff.  lol

--- End quote ---

You can pick up a brand new moving blanket probably big enough for 2 or 3 coifs for around $5 .. but it's going to be hotter than linen.

--- End quote ---

Yea.  That's not going to work for me.  I get heated as it is in linen and cotton.  lol

Still...I am unhappy with my current padded arming wear setup.  So bulky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version