<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir Patrick:
Welcome, good sir!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Greetings and welcome Greg
G.

Greg:
Thanks, folks!

I'm surprised at the overall shortage of Falconers found in the medieval community.  I was interested in Falconry long before I was interested in reenactment, but you'd just think, with how much time and effort reenactors have a tendency to spend on their stuff, that Falconry would find its way into many reenactor's lives.

However, I suppose I am thankful for the shortage.  Asking that a person devote a solid hours daily to feeding, exercising, and handling of a wild bird is a lot to demand, and that is the bare minimum that one should put into the sport.  All we need are a bunch of Falconers that practice the sport poorly and make it all look bad.  I suppose I just answered my own curiosity there then...it makes sense why it's so scarce.  It still seems surprising, all the same.  I'm honored to be the first in this wonderful looking little community!

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I think that's exactly it. The level of commitment is huge, and not everyone lives in the right kind of place. I live in a townhouse surrounded by shopping centers and more townhouses, for example. No yard, just a driveway. I can't even find a good spot to get out and practice my sword-work.

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-07-28, 13:27:40 ---
Yeah, I think that's exactly it. The level of commitment is huge, and not everyone lives in the right kind of place. I live in a townhouse surrounded by shopping centers and more townhouses, for example. No yard, just a driveway. I can't even find a good spot to get out and practice my sword-work.

--- End quote ---

there used to be ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version