Main > The Armoury

Guide me...

<< < (3/3)

SirNathanQ:
Or simply make the best of the disease you now have  :P

IT WILL......CONSUME YOU!

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: ECOX ---I do keep myself on a budget or I would get out of control.
--- End quote ---
Do tell us more of this "budget" you speak of!  Is it like a strong willed steed that you must stay mounted on to retain control?  ;)

Welcome and well met ECOX!   :)  The best advice is to take it slow and do your research before taking action.  As others have stated, I too have been a victim of my purchasing impulses.   :-[  Secondary sources, such as this and similar internet forums, will lead you to primary sources.

Start with your soft kit.  Mine is a mess of wrong fabrics, patterns and eras that I'm correcting slowly, but surely.  Buy a decent sewing machine (used if possible) and learn to use it.  You will save enough coin to allow for a nice armour purchase down the road!

ECOX:
Thank you Lord Rodney. I have been doing some reading of the older post on here and have picked up alot of good ideas, advice and resources. Definitely doing more research. As in my surcoat, the Templar (all though I love the look) is about 50 years earlier then I would like to be in. I would like a few pieces of plate but mainly the floating (is that right?) pieces like knee and elbow cops. I make my maille so I am partial to it compared to plate. So far I have assembled what I have for under $400.00. So now it is time to research and take the next step, slowly. So far I am thinking that I would like to devide my current kit into 2 kits, one a more proper early Templar and then a coat of arms based knight of the later 14th century. Again thanks for all the help already from all of you here on the forum. Tomorrow I go wire shopping to begin a better coif.

Sir Ulrich:
It seems most of our knights in our order go for the late 13th early 14th century look, so you'll fit right in with us. And yes the 13th century the only pieces of plate were knee cops and elbow cops. Sometimes knights did have coat of plates over their maille or schynbalds over their maille chausses.

Sir William:
For myself, I'm heading towards late 14th C so I can have the plate parts (arms, legs) but maille is still going to featured of course. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version