Main > The Armoury

More stuff has arrived! I'm TRULY broke now

<< < (7/9) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2011-08-16, 21:41:56 ---As alluded to on Facebook by Sir Wolf, saturday was my birthday and an armor purchase was involved. I'm going to keep it quiet until MDRF opening weekend, though. :D

--- End quote ---

Excellent. Can't wait to see it all.

As to whether I'll armor up on opening weekend, that all depends on the weather. We've had a relatively comfortable temperature these last few days, but I'm not expecting it to last. MDRF's opening day for some reason is often pushing about 99', and high humidity.

Sir William:
Hey man, happy belated...so you got armor for your birthday?  I think I may need to have my wife talk to yours so she knows where to look.  She has said she's wanted to buy me stuff in the past but didn't want to do like my parents did (they got me a SLO for my birthday a couple years back, but I appreciate the sentiment).  lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Syr William on 2011-08-17, 14:23:15 ---Hey man, happy belated...so you got armor for your birthday?  I think I may need to have my wife talk to yours so she knows where to look.  She has said she's wanted to buy me stuff in the past but didn't want to do like my parents did (they got me a SLO for my birthday a couple years back, but I appreciate the sentiment).  lol

--- End quote ---

Yep. My wife and I are both quite hard to shop for, so we send hints (links) to what we want. She bought me a dragon skull that mounts on the wall for Christmas last year. It makes it much easier than trying to explain stainless vs mild, rivited vs butted, dome rivit vs wedge rivit, 6mm vs 9mm - no room for confusion with a link, especially with sites that have 12 variations of a coif.

And if she were to try to explain to me what shoes she wants? Ha. I can barely manage to figure out what she wants when she asks me to bring a pair we have in the house. In a store without an item #? I'd find a nice corner to cry in. :)

Sir William:
Huh...that is an excellent idea.  I've already learned more about women's shoes than I ever cared to...but I have learned to leave the clothing to her.  All that talk about sizes and cuts and the like...much too much for me to remember.  lol

Mayhaps a link would suffice...thanks for that.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, Kat and I are similarly difficult to shop for. Most things that are affordable that we'd want, we already have.

Extend this to siblings and parents, and it's a nightmare.

So I created a wishlist web-interface that lets people maintain lists of items (with links) that they're interested in. And people can mark it off as bought, so no one else buys a duplicate, but that purchase-status is hidden from the person whose wishlist is on. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version