Main > The Armoury

Von Gottesmund

<< < (5/5)

B. Patricius:
Sir Nathan,

after reading through this, I just wanted to ask your current opinion of Von Gottesmund?   :) I too, am looking at a Darksword Armory sword.  I'm debating between the Norman, Type XII, or the Crusader.  Just kind of curious now a couple years later how she's doing for you.  It is such a beautiful sword, and the name does her justly.

YIS
B. Patricius

SirNathanQ:
She's held up well over the years, only a slight loosening of the grip (note the metal is still solid as a rock) after many many hits on various objects and hours upon hours of getting swung around.

With Darksword, you have to look at the specs to make sure it will feel alright in the hand. While all of Darkswords stuff isn't finely balanced and a bit heavy, some are much better than others.

B. Patricius:
cool, handle is a bummer, but like you said it isn't that big of a deal and something that does happen, especially with a lot of use.

thanks Sir Nathan.  I was looking at the Norman primarily anyway and I luckily know enough about swords to know what specs and weight I enjoy  :)

Ian:
As Sir Nathan eluded to, the 'common' complaint with Darksword is there swords are generally a little overbuilt.  Some are not very historical, and some are very overbuilt, but some are diamonds in the rough.  I would definitely take Sir Nathan's word for it on the Norman!

SirNathanQ:
Yeah, the sword has great shaping, and the scabbard it came with was excellent quality.
It even tracks well in the cut, and doesn't require much micromanaging in it's movements, but it's just sluggish, and tiring if you use your sword inefficiently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version