Main > The Armoury

Von Gottesmund

(1/5) > >>

SirNathanQ:
The sword is the Norman from Darksword armoury. It's a really nice piece, and I love it.
The name of my sword is Von Gottesmund. It translates (German) into "Of God's Mouth"
The name has biblical significance, to the book of revalations, chapter 19
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

The hilt is a very arch-typical medieval arming sword. I am quite fond of it though. It is very nicely shaped, but not gaudy. A sword that is obviously meant for a fight, but could easily be seen on any knight's belt.
The integral belt and scabbard are wonderful.They further the air of simple sophistication. On a practical level, the belt is comfortable, and easy to wear. The scabbard is great also. They really look like custom pieces. 
Handling: This is a sword you don't wanna be hit with. She oozes with power. She doesn't dance like a Tinker or an Atrim, but she isn't slow by any means. She moves quite quickly for her mass, and tracks quite well in the thrust.
But God is she a vicious sword. If there was a sword that would break other swords, split shields, and make people depending on their armour's lives absolutely suck, Von Gottesmund is it. And this isn't Badgerblade flavoured hubris, this is a solid warsword.
And if this is the same steel I've seen the guys at SBG give absolute Albion wrenching hell to, this is a sword that could endure it. (not that you use a sword that way...)
The best word is solid. really.
Anyway, pics, as always. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.247289648615905.70275.100000046165415

Thorsteinn:
Cant view the pic. Did you copy in the public link?

Sir Edward:

It worked for me, but I have him friended. Might need to double-check that the album is public.

Sir William:
Or, post pics for those of us who are FB-disabled.  ;)

Photobucket works well for that sort of thing.

SirNathanQ:
well my pics are too large for the attachments here. Lemme change the status of that album real quick....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version