"Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts."
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: conan trailer!  (Read 4045 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: conan trailer!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-23, 21:33:06 »
Oh, so very want. I watched a lot of the movies (maybe all of them?) as a kid. I hope the rest of the movie lives up to the trailer, that was seriously intense.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-24, 04:20:38 »
The guy who played Ronan Dex on SG: Atlantis is Conan.
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-25, 13:37:43 »
His name is Jason Momoa; he is, or was, playing Khal Drogo on Game of Thrones...I felt he was a spot-on match for the part.  Just like in the book.  Great role if you ask me.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this...don't get me wrong, I liked Arnold, he brought the hero to life in his signature Ah-nold way, but he always sounded hokey to me when delivering some of Conan's iconic lines - like the lamentation of the women bit.

Momoa, on the other hand, has a deeper, more natural sounding voice - as Conan he's even added a bit of a lower growl to it.  Some folk complain that he isn't massive enough, citing Arnold's turn at the role as the reason.  Those sorts of arguments can be made of course, but if we refer to the canon of Conan lore, he's supposed to be 6'2", 210lbs...Arnold was the right height but 40lbs heavier at 250lbs...Momoa's 6'5" and will probably weigh in around 240lbs once shooting starts; his bulk will look apropo and they'll surround him with actors who will further that imagery.

I think they should re-imagine Conan's sword...never really loved the original, as attractive as it was.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€