Main > The Armoury

Cheater chausses

(1/4) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Is Icefalcons blackened riveted flat ring maille dome riveted? 
Would it work with this tool here? http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=OB2361&name=Flat+Ring++Dome+Head+Riveting+Tool

Also would the 5k rings they sell cover some lower leg "cheater" chausses?
BTW, does anyone know where to buy like square feet of maille or something? riveting those, while possible, seems like a killer job  :P

Sir Rodney:
The Ring Lord carries sheets and strips of welded mail, but not riveted.

Sir William:
For the chausses I'd do the welded mail too if I could afford it...most people are looking at you from the waist up so you can cheat w/the chausses and only catch flack from the likes of us, who do look at the entire kit.  But you know we wouldn't give you any grief.  ;)

James Barker:
Icefalcons maille is dome riveted, I have a set of the 6mm chausses. If you want his loose rings he also sells the tool to rivet with, just email him and ask him about it.

SirNathanQ:
Ahh, ok. So is the ringlords strips and pieces relatively historical looking? Like with a good diameter and such? Cause I don't want to have the ringmesh style transparent metal curtain thing going on.......  :o

BTW, how much are the tools from Icefalcon? And possibly would he sell pieces like that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version