Main > The Armoury

Painting helms

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sampf:
If I get more than only 2 helms than maybe a blue stripe or full blue with nice designs mixed in.

Thorsteinn:
I used to have a painted helm actually. I painted the sides and back of my old Ashcraft-Baker Helm

Aiden of Oreland:
I plan to paint my helm because it's not a very nice one, but I am trying to really delve into creating kits that are unique and have that medieval flare often over looked. Like geometry, lots of colors, and paints. Every little detail counts in my honest opinion. Whether it's the design on the scabbard or the stitching pattern on your cuisses.

AnsalonPaladin:
Though this doesn't pertain to the exact time period many of the forum members stick to- there are many historic references to the Ancient Greeks painting their helmets, though of course many just kept them as solid bronze. I painted my Corinthian helm and all of my armor to give a kind of dark Hoplite impression and it worked out quite well! My helm hasn't rusted or degraded since. I think it's a great idea, if it doesn't work I don't think acetone and some scrubbing would do your metals much damage!

Thorsteinn:
You could paint with.... FIRE!!!
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version