Main > The Armoury

Painting helms

(1/5) > >>

Sir Edward:

I was just looking at this thread on myArmoury:  http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=22869

I still like the idea of painting helms. You don't see a lot of people doing it these days. I don't think I'm brave enough to paint the only great helm that fits me so well. Heh. :) But I could see getting a couple of other helms and then painting them.

Anyone else thinking about doing this at some point?

Sir Matthew:
I've thought about painting my Kettle Helm and now that I picked up a second one, I might try it. I like the idea, but I'm not very good at painting. Maybe I can bribe my very talented lady wife into doing it for me...

Sir William:
I am...I saw a Norman panoply (posted on AA I think) where the helm was painted in blue and white offsetting swirls, the dark maille and a matching kite shield with a boss...I liked it so much I made it my desktop background on my work-from-home laptop.

I want to do one of my Norman helms like that, but blue/black like my surcoat...it was really quite attractive.  At one point, when I had a great helm, I flirted with the idea of painting it all red, like I'd seen in Assassin's Creed (it was a Crusader who wore it, specfically the ones on guard in the Holy Land section of the game) but I sold it before I could do it.  Just as well, as I'd just come upon the paints to do it with here:  www.milkpaint.com or something very like...it may have been Wolf who posted it.

Sir Wolf:
if ever i get the GDFB kettle helm i will be painting it

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir William ---I am...I saw a Norman panoply (posted on AA I think) where the helm was painted in blue and white offsetting swirls, the dark maille and a matching kite shield with a boss...I liked it so much I made it my desktop background on my work-from-home laptop.
--- End quote ---

That's Patrick Kelly.  He makes a very studly Norman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version