Main > The Armoury

Joshua's armor - was Re: Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (4/10) > >>

Sir Jason Simonds:
Can't wait to see the final decision. Sounds like you really have it together with your research.

Joshua Santana:
Thank you Sir Jason!

During the past few weeks,I have been able to decide on what type of Kit to create.  I am looking for a Chernburg style Kit from either Ice Falcon Armory or Anshelm Arms and Armor (although I am leaning towards Anshelm personally).  But I am also conflicted about the earlier 1300's transitional style with the Coat of Plates.

My only question would be this: Would a Coat of Plates be appropriate for Early to Mid 1400's? 

Here are some pictures that should make it easier.

I am comfortable with a Coat of Plates, my personal preference is the Chernburg Style.

Sir Edward:

Absolutely! Coats of plates were in use well before this, and continued to be used well into the 14th. The globose breastplate didn't start to become standard until closer to the second half of the century.

Das Bill:
Good choice of style... but there's no such thing as a Chernburg style. ;) There original harness happens to be one of many that resides in the Churburg castle. I don't know why so many people keep saying Chernburg, let alone discuss a "Chernburg style".

Joshua Santana:
Sir Edward: Thanks!  Now this is helpful.

Also, Thank you Das Bill and I am aware that I am just generalizing the style of harness I am interested in creating.  I really like that Brass Trimming Plates that are characteristic of 14th Century Harnesses.  That is my main reason for looking at Anshelm Arms and Armor just for that.  I love their armor pieces, though I wonder is it financially a better choice to order the pieces of the Kit or order the Full Harness once measurements are made?

(Hint: I got the idea from this Chivalric Gentleman!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version