Main > The Armoury

Sword of Branham Moor

(1/2) > >>

Sir Edward:

Sword of Branham Moor
http://renfairshoppe.com/branham_sword.html

I have no idea if this sword is any good, but I thought I'd post it here just because it's so rare to see affordable consumer-grade swords with an integrated suspension and scabbard. It looks like they got the prices backward in the drop-down selector.

Sir William:
I like the Randon swordbelt even better, altho I prefer the XVIII sword.  Price-wise these are about on par w/VA's collaborations with Atrim...I would even go so far as to say the VA steel is better crafted, but that might be uninformed opinion as I've not yet held one of the Mastercraft line; I have one of the Practical line from VA/AT - the singlehanded one.  It is currently getting a suspension system and the scabbard re-wrapped...I upgraded the guard, grip and pommel (guard and grip came from the A&A St. Maurice, pommel's getting celtic crosses appended to it), so this'll be a different sword once I get it back.

One thing I have noticed on Windlass swords in general- the blades tend to get sort of floppy once they get past 32" in length.  Wonder if this line suffers the same...but far as I know, the blades on these all come out to no more than 34" right?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-05-05, 17:00:03 ---One thing I have noticed on Windlass swords in general- the blades tend to get sort of floppy once they get past 32" in length.  Wonder if this line suffers the same...but far as I know, the blades on these all come out to no more than 34" right?

--- End quote ---

Windlass does have a long-established reputation for having whippy blades once they're too long. My Sword of Ibelin does get quite whippy. In comparison, my Hanwei claymore seems less whippy (though certainly some), yet has a longer blade than the Windlass. Both are in the same price range (about $200), both are carbon steel.

No review of that particular sword on SBG, and my experience is limited to the couple pieces I own. Very cool that it comes with it's own suspension; hopefully it'll become popular enough it becomes a more standard offering.

Sir Rodney:
It's interesting that Renfairshoppe.com lists the unsharpened version at $325, Museum Replicas has it at $375 and Kult of Athena comes in at $280 (and it's guaranteed in stock as of right now).

I wonder if anyone over at KOA has handled this weapon and would be willing to give a straightforward assessment?

Sir William:
On SBG, MidoriKurogami is one of the store's proprietors...I'd ask her.  KoA always has the lowest prices, hence their popularity. 

The only time to buy from MRL direct is when they have their big sale days...that's about it.  You can always find their wares elsewhere for cheaper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version