Main > The Armoury

Sword of Branham Moor

<< < (2/2)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-05-05, 14:28:05 ---
Sword of Branham Moor
http://renfairshoppe.com/branham_sword.html

I have no idea if this sword is any good, but I thought I'd post it here just because it's so rare to see affordable consumer-grade swords with an integrated suspension and scabbard. It looks like they got the prices backward in the drop-down selector.

--- End quote ---

Surprised I missed this topic. I own this sword & one can see it in my photos on my knight page. It handles great for its price. It's carbon steel upholds well in a natural room temp. stored area even sheathed for long periods so long as it is maintained with the proper lubricant & polished. It's never rusted/oxidized on me.

It handles well with good reach & has a good balance although it is slightly less heavier than my arming swords. The pommel is unique and works best peened. Mine is razor sharp!! It will cut paper thin & can thrust decently without feeling flimsy. Not sure how it would handle plate armor but feels like a katana when used for slashing. Not to mention, it happens to be my Order colors. :) A big plus!! The scabbard is excellent quality but the sword belt is cheaply-made. It fell apart first week of wearing it. Overall: I am happy with it; I have since customized a sword belt for it.

Sir William:
Lord Dane, do you have any updated pics of it?  I found one on sale for quite a bit less than that price, wondered if I should've gotten it.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-10-23, 20:05:19 ---Lord Dane, do you have any updated pics of it?  I found one on sale for quite a bit less than that price, wondered if I should've gotten it.

--- End quote ---

I do but it is same as one advertised on kultofathena.com. Lots of sites sell it. I wear it always with my Order garb or armor kit. It's my favorite sword to date. :) The cross diamond hilt is to my liking & the leather grip is perfectly crafted. It is a well-balanced bastard sword.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version