"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
                -- Theodore Roosevelt

Author Topic: The Warrior's Path  (Read 6601 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
The Warrior's Path
« on: 2011-04-27, 20:18:25 »

Another website I stumbled upon:

http://www.warriorspathonline.com/

It appears to be a Christian-specific knighthood website.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: The Warrior's Path
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-27, 21:08:05 »
I think it is a ministry that uses knighthood and accompanying terminology to 'awake the hero' as it states; I read some of their links, including 'A New Knighthood' which pretty much explains their reason for being.  Nothing wrong with it, but theirs is an Order of a different nature.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-28, 01:50:04 »
What flavor of christianity are they exposing?

-Ivan
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-28, 13:14:27 »
If I had to guess, I'd say non-denominational...not enough blasphemy to be Catholic LOL.  Seriously, they're linked with a number of like-minded ministries, including the Texas Band of Brothers.  Obviously male-centric they're getting ready to hold a retreat, males only, something along the lines of bootcamp mixed with ministry, to get man back to God.

I remember religious retreats as a kid...the church youth group would take us up on a mountain (always one of those campgrounds w/tent areas as well as actual cabins) and we'd do all sorts of group-related activities.  It was fun...if only because I was as naive as they come when it came to worldly matters.  Knowing what I know now, I might've lost my faith much earlier.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-28, 13:31:29 »
a ministry that uses knighthood and accompanying terminology to 'awake the hero' as it states; I read some of their links, including 'A New Knighthood' which pretty much explains their reason for being.  Nothing wrong with it, but theirs is an Order of a different nature.

I have seen ministries that use the warrior or knighthood themes and correlate it to Biblical Scripture.  Which is a good thing in my opinion.  I have read several blogs on their website and they make really good points!

I'd say non-denominational...not enough blasphemy to be Catholic LOL
I agree that it is non-denominational. 

For being a Christian (Born Again for those who don't know), this speaks to a lot to the male youth who look up to heroism (Myself included)  this is a good thing. 

theirs is an Order of a different nature

I agree, but the cause of raising young men into Knights or Warriors is a worthy cause by itself.  And we Knights here are the role models in which young men or individuals can look up to for guidance or inspiration.  That is the role in which the Knight of Today has in today's society apart from being the Champion of Chivalry, Protector in times of need and as mentioned before a Role Model and Mentor to society's youth.

Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et Spirítui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-28, 15:42:17 »
Agreed, Joshua, especially if a Knight is so inclined...but not everyone is religious- for instance, I myself am not.  I have unshakeable faith in the Father, but I rarely, if ever, attend a church.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-28, 18:51:26 »
Agreed, Joshua, especially if a Knight is so inclined...but not everyone is religious- for instance, I myself am not.  I have unshakeable faith in the Father, but I rarely, if ever, attend a church.

I see no problem with that. The chaplain who performed the ceremony at my wedding holds church in his garage, because he thinks many churches have lost focus on their intended purpose.

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others."

Matthew 6:5
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-28, 19:15:24 »
Sir James...your chaplain sounds like a man after my own heart.  Despite the obvious dichotomy of being a Templar fanboy, I find it at times hilarious, and yet also at other times incredibly sad that mere men should be so arrogant as to proclaim to know the will of God.  Not to mention the plethora of 'denominations' all of whom claim to be the One True Church where God resides; which one has the right of it?  What is to happen to all those who are not?

I feel like I took that from a movie, it sounds familiar...anyhow, it says what I mean so I'm using it.  It seems to me that churches these days are more interested in how much a given parishioner makes as a salary, so they can ascertain whether or not that person is tithing as they should.  You think I'm kidding?  I visited two churches just in my area- both wanted copies of your W-2s and a canceled check so that the tithe could be automatically deducted from your checking/savings account in the amount it should be based off of your salary.

I was looking for metal detectors - I just knew any coin-carrying people would get turned away; to call that a travesty is like saying you got a little dirty after being pulled out of a sinkhole full of mud.  At the one church, Jericho City of Praise, they wouldn't even greet me as I came in- you'd thought I was a servant of some sort!  Then I walked into the amphitheatre style 'sanctuary' - they had Spirit Dancers all in white flowing robes swaying and turning to softly piped Gospel music and did I mention it seats 3500 and is full to capacity in both services?  With a jumbotron suspended from the ceiling for the nosebleed section (which is quite high up); the congregation behaved as if it were a fashion show, walking in amongst eachother in the pews, the Bishop sat in her throne just looking on, (or asleep).

I was disgusted at the tawdry display of worldly possessions- and the lack of actual spirituality that I grew up with as a Lutheran.  I tried another church after that with similar results...I know 2 is a small number to try but I'd had enough.  IF I go to Church, its usually to my parents' in NY; it is small, family-centric and no one's putting on airs.  The message is taken from the Bible, not ad-libbed to suit tastes, and is kept to the point.  Wish I could transplant them but then where would my parents go?

This:

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others."

Matthew 6:5

Will be my sig somewhere someday for these are words to live by.

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-29, 02:55:58 »
Or... you could convert to Russian Reform Judaism. ;)

See, near as I can tell from growing up in that faith, every holiday was like this:

They tried to kill us.
WE WON!
Let's Eat.

-Ivan

(Note: Russian Reform is like regular Reform, but with slightly more kevetching, alcohol, & fat nanna's. You may not be able to tell from the outside, but trust me, it's true. ;D )
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-29, 15:01:16 »
LOL

Oh, if it were so short, sweet and to the point, we'd all be members, no?