"He is victorious who knows when and when not to fight."
                -- Sun Tzu

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
The Round Table / Re: Great Motivational Quotes For The Order.
« Last post by Lord Dane on 2017-11-01, 14:11:04 »
Get it done already & stop slacking.
It's true that some of us may not be naturally inclined towards that sort of social insight. However, I see it as a skill that one can cultivate, with effort substituting for natural talent or native aptitude, same as any other.

The reason why I feel that it is important for would-be modern knights to cultivate this skill is because, should we be successful in cultivating our character through The Code, we should be the sort of man that women would naturally approach for help with predatory men, just like "Clark," the man that the author had approached in her article. However, where "Clark" failed, we must not, not if we are to embody our highest ideals. Character must be paired with competence, or else we would be doing more harm than good.
"In valor, there is hope." - Tacitus
The Courtyard / Re: Concussions, informed consent, and CTE
« Last post by Matthew of the Isles on 2017-10-31, 17:11:05 »
There is wisdom to your words. I thank you for it.
The Great Hall / Re: Hello to all!
« Last post by Sir William on 2017-10-30, 19:46:43 »
Welcome, sir!
The Great Hall / Re: Hail Fellows
« Last post by Sir William on 2017-10-30, 19:46:11 »
Welcome to the forums!
The Courtyard / Re: German Longsword Curriculum
« Last post by Sir Rauri MacNeill on 2017-10-30, 15:59:29 »
Awesome, thanks Jason. I'll take a look at these.
« Last post by jason77 on 2017-10-30, 12:15:49 »
Sir Rauri - HEMA @ VCU has a great series covering the fundamentals of German Longsword here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAIQe0YU1HSJv9CsVb3E5pDUZMcf08fzX

This will provide you with plenty of material for awhile. Afterwards you could check out Sword Carolina's Dobringer series and/or consider signing up for their online classes at their website.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCni2cUc_CoKGp6N9Usg0HodxZ4vYHLn9
I just wrote a paper on Teddy, definitely my favorite Presidents. I would argue that he is a modern example of the ideals of chivalry.
« Last post by Sir Rauri MacNeill on 2017-10-30, 07:00:41 »
Jason, I have been looking into getting into HEMA, however where I am the closest group is 3.5 plus hours away. Do you know of any good videos that are able to teach basic techniques to me and one or two other people so I can try to get something going where I'm at? Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]