Main > The Round Table

What was your "defining moment" that drew you to knighthood/chivalry?

<< < (9/9)

B. Patricius:
Many thanks Joshua.  Ian currently serves as one of our "symbols of hope and home," Sir Brian, Thorsteinn and others served as well.  Personally believe those that succeed, let alone survive in the military environment usually are those that personify "Chivalry." 

I attribute all of my successes to those before me, using their abilities, talents, and skills as a guiding light for my own goals.  It's taken me almost five years to adjust to being out of the military, and I'm still getting used to it. 

YIS
B. Patricius

Corvus:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-05-06, 20:41:38 ---Many thanks Joshua.  Ian currently serves as one of our "symbols of hope and home," Sir Brian, Thorsteinn and others served as well.  Personally believe those that succeed, let alone survive in the military environment usually are those that personify "Chivalry." 

I attribute all of my successes to those before me, using their abilities, talents, and skills as a guiding light for my own goals.  It's taken me almost five years to adjust to being out of the military, and I'm still getting used to it. 

YIS
B. Patricius

--- End quote ---

Brother Patricius, your words reflect a deep humility and I must say that I find that inspiring. In today's day and age there seems to be so much arrogance, greed and general blindness in so many people. It is good to see that there are those (such as yourself and the many hale others here) who know that next to truth, humility is at the root of the knightly tree.

Joshua Santana:
Indeed I am aware of most of our Brethren having or have served in the Armed Forces.  Which adds further gleam to this shining beacon of Honor known as the Order of the Marshal.  In which I am honored to know all of you.

Justin:
I have always had an interest in medieval times and knighthood. I always loved it when my family would take me to Medieval Times Dinner and Show. Seeing all of the knights compete in games and clash in battle, examining all of the medieval weapons and armor that they had on display, it was always a magical experience for me. The defining moment for me, when I knew that I wanted to be a knight someday, was after I enlisted into the military, I had the honor of witnessing a fellow service member be knighted and inducted into the order of St. George. At that moment, I knew that at some point in the future, I wanted to become a knight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version